"Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.”
_ William Morris
, 19th century craftsman, designer, writer


Add your email address here & receive new posts from This American Home!

Friday, December 2, 2011

Begin it.

 "Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now.” _German poet and philosopher Johann Wolfgang von Goethe


I love that.

And so, without ado, I'm beginning. Okay, maybe it's after much ado a whole lot of dithering and some world class procrastination, but now it's time to look for the magic. Time to start. Begin.

My new blog, This American Home, celebrates great style, inspiring American homes and the kind of neighborhoods you want to walk around and get to know. These are the homes where we live, work and dream, and they are as unique as the people who cultivate and tend to them.

Any new endeavor requires a leap of faith in which one's feet must leave the ground so dreams may take flight. In this first post, I am taking that leap; committing to something new, unknown, scary -and completely energizing. Although this little blog and I may not be soaring just yet, I think I feel a breeze around my ankles.  Come fly with me.

We have liftoff.








2 comments :

  1. I'm so proud to call you my sister. Proud of you in general! You are everything I aspire to be as a wife, mother, and stylest. Weather It's your children, your photography, your personal fashion, or your interior decorating, it is all magnificent. Just like you! Love you, -Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are way too kind, but I really appreciate it! And you are going to be an amazing mom! Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete

Follow American Home here!

There was an error in this gadget