"Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.”
_ William Morris
, 19th century craftsman, designer, writer


Add your email address here & receive new posts from This American Home!

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Deck the Halls: Wreaths & Garland

The holidays bring out the best in people -especially when it comes to decorating!

At night, I love to drive around and look at all the lights, but during the day, the wreaths and garlands are just as pretty.

I spent time in a lovely neighborhood yesterday and took pictures of some absolutely beautiful decorations. 

Although I'm sure I was doing nothing wrong, and never trespassed, I felt vaguely criminal-like standing outside stranger's homes aiming my camera and zoom lens at their doors. When a police cruiser rounded the corner my heart raced. Blogger jailed?

I don't think he was looking for me, but I didn't stay to find out. 

Storybook.

This one's mine! Something new this year!

2 comments :

  1. I like your starfish! And the square wreath is very cool and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Steve! And I completely agree about the square wreath -elegant!

    ReplyDelete

Follow American Home here!

There was an error in this gadget