"Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.”
_ William Morris
, 19th century craftsman, designer, writer


Add your email address here & receive new posts from This American Home!

Friday, December 30, 2011

Dream House: Sandcastle


I have spent countless, happy hours watching my kids build castles in the sand. When I happened upon this fairytale home by the sea in Sunset Beach, California it captured my imagination.

 
I like to think that the romantic who built such a structure was making childhood promises come true.

For some reason, the home on the sand reminds me of a quote by Henry David Thoreau:

"Do not worry if you have built your castles in the air (or sand?). They are where they should be. Now put the foundations under them."
  In the year ahead, I hope we all strive to fulfill our deepest, most personal and perhaps, fantastic wishes. If that means a beach-front home that looks like a sand castle, so be it.


For 2012, I wish you strong foundations for your dreams, and the courage to make them come true.

 All the best.



3 comments :

Follow American Home here!

There was an error in this gadget