"Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.”
_ William Morris
, 19th century craftsman, designer, writer


Add your email address here & receive new posts from This American Home!

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Eye Spy: Haunted Halloween Decor


 The eyes have it!

I was perusing Pinterest  recently, when I came across an idea originally posted by Humor Train: A tree sporting two large "eyes" created with a pair of white, painted beach balls. Exactly the kind of creativity with real-life application I adore -and just the thing for a haunted Halloween garden!

To create my own version for This American Home, I used white balloons (much easier to find this time of year) inflated to varying sizes, and drew "pupils" with a black Sharpee penOn one set of eyes, I used a red marker to achieve a 'blood shot' look.

I positioned the eyes into bushes and trees by taping them onto branches (over the branch with both ends of the tape stuck onto the balloon).

Yes, there were a few, loud casualties. But I persevered.

The result: a landscape with real personality -and haunting, Halloween decor that keeps an eye on the house for me...spooky surveillance! 

Bwahahah....


No comments :

Post a Comment

Follow American Home here!

There was an error in this gadget