"Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.”
_ William Morris
, 19th century craftsman, designer, writer


Add your email address here & receive new posts from This American Home!

Monday, January 14, 2013

Home Colors Bookazine: In Stores Now!

Tah-dah!

It's a banner day at This American Home! The Home Colors bookazine featuring an introduction, feature article and photos (10 Lessons from A Designer Showcase House) by yours truly has hit news stands from coast to coast! And it looks fabulous! (Can you tell I'm excited??)

The 130-page publication presents an insider look at some of America's most beautiful mansions and estates with tips, expert interviews and tons of photos to help all of us translate the designer color ways and decor from show house to our house. 

Below is a sneak peek at a couple of my favorite layouts from the new book. 

It was so much fun to be included in the project!  
 

You can find Home Colors at Target, Barnes and Noble, CostCo and other large news stands.

In the meantime, stay tuned! I will be working on an exciting new bookazine over the next few months -and although I can't spill the beans just yet, I think you're gonna love it!


(Selected photography from Home Colors: Kitchen photo from The Tobias House by Anne Buskirk; Photography from The Pink Ribbon House by Wade Blissard, Jud Haggard, Agapito Sanchez.)


4 comments :

  1. Thanks, Heather!! All the best to you in the New Year as well! Hope to see you at SCBWI!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! My photos are also featured - I am on the committee for the Pasadena Showcase House of Design. It's a beautifully printed bookazine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Karol! And congrats on having your photos featured as well -I think Home Colors turned out beautifully! Also, great news on being part of the Pasadena Showcase House Design committee -I know it must be a huge commitment of time, talent and effort, but clearly well worth it! I can't wait to see the house this year! Keep me posted -and let me know if I can have a sneak peek! :)

    ReplyDelete

Follow American Home here!

There was an error in this gadget