"Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.”
_ William Morris
, 19th century craftsman, designer, writer


Add your email address here & receive new posts from This American Home!

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

You Bird? iBird


 I've never thought of myself as a birder per se, but my obsession with the backyard feeder and those bird call whistles I supposedly bought for the kids indicate otherwise...

It's a hobby I didn't see coming, but one that's definitely come home to roost.

So when I recently became aware of the free (cheap! cheap!) birding app, iBird -I was thrilled. 

Available for use on iPads, iPhones, Androids and mostly recently the desktop, Windows 8 version, iBird offers a free service as well as an enhanced, paid subscription for "pros". 
  
The app is designed to identify birds in North America, the UK and Ireland, and prompts you to note characteristics such as: beak shape or length, primary and secondary color, size, sound, etc. The list of suspects gets increasingly shorter the more information you provide.

It's definitely something to tweet about!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Follow American Home here!

There was an error in this gadget