"Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.”
_ William Morris
, 19th century craftsman, designer, writer


Add your email address here & receive new posts from This American Home!

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Stuck on You: Happy Valentine's Day!


Happy Valentine's Day!

This may seem like a strange topic for a day devoted to sweethearts and true love, but I can't resist...

I'm crazy about Martha's Stewart's new line of home office supplies. You read it right. 

Head over heels.

It was love at first sight when I found the large display at Staples the other day, and I knew I had to share! I didn't mean to buy so many labels, but I couldn't help myself. Imagine the possibilities!

Martha's come up with fancy-cut labels designed to bring cuteness to a whole new level of easy. Love!
In the photo above, I used a chalkboard sticker and wrote on it with -yes, I actually bought the matching chalk. (Sorry, honey...about that budget...).

The labels (in a range of sizes from mini to super size) stole my heart, but the pretty folders, filing boxes and desk top necessities will keep me coming back for more. 

You've been warned!   


And, since we're talking true confessions...

You may have noticed I've been pretty neglectful of my little blog of late, and I have honestly missed touching base with you.

The truth is, I've been cheating on this blog with another writing assignment. I know, I know... blurting it out like this on Valentine's of all days...

But it's true. It's a dalliance, I admit, nothing permanent, just a full-time/temporary fling...I promise it won't change the way I feel about This American Home.

My new flame is going to keep me fairly busy (okay, swamped) over the next couple of months, so I won't be posting as often, but I hope you will continue to check in -and I will try to share my sights and exploits as I go.

I look forward to sharing more info with you in the very near future...and in the meantime, keep looking for beauty in ordinary and love in the everyday.

xoxo     


2 comments :

  1. You are too cute. And so talented. Love your punning, winning writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you back, Shayna! And your writing absolutely rocks!! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Follow American Home here!

There was an error in this gadget