"Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.”
_ William Morris
, 19th century craftsman, designer, writer


Add your email address here & receive new posts from This American Home!

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Summertime And The Living Is...Busy!

It's possible you may have been wondering where I've been.  Although I had good intentions about blogging the past week, life hit the override button. In a good way.

In spite of the fact I mentally associate summertime with a pile of books, hours of uninterrupted reading and poolside lounging -it turns out I must have been having flashbacks to when I was ten. Summer is actually a whirlwind that passes much too quickly. Over the past week and a half, I attended the BlogHer Conference (more on that later!), went to two major swim meets, took a quick jaunt to catch up with friends in San Diego, welcomed family from Michigan (hurray!), met for drinks and said tearful farewells to friends moving across the country, celebrated two birthdays, organized a beach bonfire and hosted an amazing young exchange student from Sendai, Japan (complete with Best of So. Cal Hits Tour, i.e. In & Out Burger, Mexican food, Endeavor Space Shuttle viewing, beaches, super-sized markets, games of Connect Four, Uno and more.).

It's been the best of times, the busiest of times. Maybe you feel the same?
I am grateful for the friends, family and activities that fill my days to the brim, and also for days like today that allow me to sit, reflect, catch up on laundry --and yes, actually, blog.

Thanks for taking a moment out of your activities to check in here. Now it's your turn: what you have been doing this summer? Celebrations? Adventures? Relaxing? Or just watching the world go by with a good friend and an ice cold glass of (fill-in-the-blank-here)...I'd love to know!

Cheers to you my friend, and to summer! clink-clink!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Follow American Home here!

There was an error in this gadget