"Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.”
_ William Morris
, 19th century craftsman, designer, writer


Add your email address here & receive new posts from This American Home!

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Seeds

 They're heeeere!
My seed orders from Rareseeds and the Hudson Valley Seed Library have arrived!
Beautifully illustrated little packets of springtime goodness containing these...
 
  Hollyhocks, the before picture.
Imagine if the packet didn't have a picture or a label? 
 Is it just me, or is it mind blowing that these tiny plain brown flakes will completely transform into tall, gorgeous flowers. 
It's a pretty strong argument in favor of change and transformation. Butterflies, flower seeds, people...

Maybe if I'm more like the plain brown seed than the flowering hollyhock today that's okay. 

In the meantime, I'm going to make cool little DIY starting pots I found on a great blog called Learning and Yearning and start planting seeds. Stay tuned, I can't wait to show you! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Follow American Home here!

There was an error in this gadget