"Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.”
_ William Morris
, 19th century craftsman, designer, writer


Add your email address here & receive new posts from This American Home!

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Grime Fighters: Mr. Clean Magic Erasers

  Got grime?
 
I know this post might look like a paid advertisement, but I can assure you it isn't (sigh). I just wanted to share my latest cleaning crush on the bald, buff, bushy-eyebrowed cartoon grime fighter, Mr. Clean.

Batman's car and Wonder Woman's lasso have nothing on Mr. Clean's Magic Erasers.

We're talking super powers.

With minimal elbow grease, I have personally used the Magic Erasers to cut through soapy build-up on shower doors (amazing!), shower tile (joy!), the grease on the glass stovetop, fingerprints (and Lord knows what else) on the walls, water spots on chrome, the ring-around-the-tub, and stubborn kitchen pots -to name a few. I would advise testing a small portion on your home's surfaces prior to all-over scrubbing just to be on the safe side.

For comparison's sake, I tested Target's private label, Up and Up, eraser-style sponges to see how they compared with the name brand. Priced almost $2 dollars cheaper than Mr.Clean, they worked just as well.

Isn't it nice when products deliver on their promises?

Cleaning the shower isn't the stuff day dreams are made of, but with the proper tools it doesn't have to be a nightmare either. And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Happy scrubbing!

Mr.Clean's Magic Erasers with Banjo Music!
Good, clean fun.

At the scene of the grime...
 The rectangular sponges are Target's private label store brand, and the wavy shapes are the original Mr.Clean Magic Erasers. I tried them both and had similar results with each.

3 comments :

  1. I love these Mr Clean Erasers, and will try the Target brand now as well!

    Psst Be sure to Come and enter my Valentine Giveaway!

    xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Karena! Will be sure to check out your give away too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the Magic Eraser. It works wonderfully on removing scuff marks from my kitchen floor and the grime in the bathroom.
    http://www.melaminesponge.com

    ReplyDelete

Follow American Home here!

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.