"Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.”
_ William Morris
, 19th century craftsman, designer, writer


Add your email address here & receive new posts from This American Home!

Monday, January 9, 2012

Inspiration Between the Covers: Design Sponge

 I'm not sure what I did to get on Santa's nice list, but the Man In Red was very good to me this year.

Uber-blogger, Grace Bonney's new book Design Sponge at Home was exactly what I was hoping to find under my tree!


The gorgeous, 390-page tome demonstrates precisely what has made Bonney's Design*Sponge blog such a global success and established her as a taste maker and trend guru on the front lines of design.



With an inspiring foreword written by designer and artist Jonathan Adler, the book is organized into categories that mirror the blog posts: Sneak Peeks, DIY Projects, DIY Basics, Flower Workshop, and Before & After.

Adler writes about the book, "It reminds us that design is about inspiration, not snobbism. It's about empowerment, self-expression, and pluck." 

A few words from Grace!

1 comment :

  1. OMG...looks like I'll be spending my B&N gift card, I got for the holidays on this book...it looks delicious!!
    We owe you one! Keep updating us all!!

    ReplyDelete

Follow American Home here!

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.