"Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.”
_ William Morris
, 19th century craftsman, designer, writer


Add your email address here & receive new posts from This American Home!

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Walking Daisy: A Simple Luxury

In reading one of my favorite blogs last week, Black Eiffel, I read a post advising us all, "To build in little daily luxuries..." The idea got me thinking. How much do I do this already? And what do I consider daily luxuries?

I think taking time for myself feels luxurious. In fact, the more I thought about it, the more grateful I began to feel for what I already have. Kind of nice since I've been grumbling about rising gas prices and all the things that need to be remodeled and/or fixed...but I digress...

What do you consider small luxuries? Using the good china? Scented candles? Taking time for crafts or art?

I challenge you to gift yourself with a simple luxury each day & see what happens.

 
Here's a beautiful walk I took Daisy on last week with her good friend, George. I think she felt luxurious too... 
 
Taking time to smell the daisies...
 
  
  We walked along a partially paved path in a rejuvenated wetlands area along the Los Angeles River. We saw rabbits, squirrels, red-tailed hawks, ducks, geese and a few other lucky dogs. Sometimes horses ride along the path too...watch where you step...

 
Nature + Urban

Beauty and inspiration are everywhere. I think they look different to each of us -even Daisy...who was very inspired by the wildlife...
The charming fences are faux-wood -and actually made of stone! Durable yet decorative!

Spoil sport.

Okay, now it's your turn. Your mission, should you choose to accept it: practicing the fine art of simple, daily luxury. Start now.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Follow American Home here!

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.