"Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.”
_ William Morris
, 19th century craftsman, designer, writer


Add your email address here & receive new posts from This American Home!

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Celebrate: Marc's Super-Simple-No-Bake Lemon Pie!

My sister-in-law, Chris McCarthy-Manzelli (the one who gave us the Oreo Truffle recipe!) is also responsible for gifting me with one of my all-time favorite, crowd pleasing recipe's: Marc's Super-Simple-No-Bake Lemon Pie! Actually, she calls it, Marc's Lemon Pie, but I wanted to be more descriptive...

I posted this recipe a couple of years ago but today, in honor of Pi Day, March 14 (3-14) I wanted to share again!

In case you need yet another reason to celebrate, consider that Pi Day is also Einstein's Birthday! How cool is that!

I think it also means we each get 3.14 slices, right?

It only takes 4 ingredients and the hardest part is waiting for it to chill in the freezer!

The recipe was included in a hand-written cookbook Chris put together for us as a wedding present. (Great idea for a very special gift by the way!)

I think you can always tell the best recipes by how dog-eared and messy the pages look...this one has seen some action! Good times, wonderful celebrations, great memories!

  Marc's Super-Simple-No-Bake Lemon Pie
Ingredients:
1 can sweetened condensed milk (I have used reduced fat and no one noticed!)
1 lemon (juice and grated rind of)
Prepared graham cracker or shortbread crust (go ahead and use store-bought...I won't judge...and I certainly haven't heard any complaints!)
1 container Cool Whip (must be softened in refrigerator over-night)

1. Mix together the sweetened condensed milk and the juice and grated rind of one (large) lemon.

2. Pour the mixture into the prepared crust.

3. Softly scoop and swirl the softened Cool Whip into the pie pan -over top of the mixture. Swirl the peaks to look very fancy and professional!

4. Freeze overnight (or at least for 3-4 hours).

Sometimes I garnish with a fresh mint leaf or two on top! I think candied lemon peel would also look terrif!

2 comments :

  1. OMG!!! I want to eat that right now! Lemon pie is my favorite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Love anything lemon-y! Love your blog btw!

    ReplyDelete

Follow American Home here!

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.