"Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.”
_ William Morris
, 19th century craftsman, designer, writer


Add your email address here & receive new posts from This American Home!

Monday, April 23, 2012

Medicine Cabinet Monday

  
Ever had the urge to sneak a peek into a friend's medicine cabinet? 

If so, you're not the first.

In fact, according to a survey by the Quilted Northern toilet tissue, 39 percent of Americans can't resist doing a quick scan of a friend's medicine cabinet. Perhaps even more alarming, as reported by O Magazine: "Twenty-five percent have helped themselves into something inside."


Remember the old Seinfeld episode, The Conversion, when Jerry is caught sneaking a peek inside a friend's medicine cabinet?

Elaine: What were you doing opening her medicine cabinet?
Jerry:
I didn’t open it. It was open. I just nudged it a little.
Elaine:
You were snooping.
Jerry:
I was not snooping. I did not break the seal. There was no breaking and entering. I wouldn’t do that.
Kramer:
I would. I always open medicine cabinets.
Elaine:
Well I trust people not to do that.
Kramer:
Big mistake.


 In the interest of covering every inch of the American Home and perhaps a bit of amateur anthropology, I thought I would open my own medicine cabinet door and give you a good look inside...

Nothing special really, but those closed doors really do make you wonder. So tempting...just between you and me -do you peek?

Keep an eye out for more medicine cabinet reveals in upcoming posts.

3 comments :

  1. OK...love this idea!!! And I have the Trader Joe's vitamin E oil too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK...sometimes I peek...but I feel guilty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, love the E oil!! Who hasn't peeked after all...now using someone's toothbrush while they're not looking, THAT's another thing!

    ReplyDelete

Follow American Home here!

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.