"Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.”
_ William Morris
, 19th century craftsman, designer, writer


Add your email address here & receive new posts from This American Home!

Monday, July 9, 2012

Tablescape: Magic Carpets

Happy Monday!

 Here's a table top tip that will floor you (pun intended)!

Think: small rugs as table runners!

It's an idea that came to me last Fall, while browsing the always inspiring Swedish mega-store, Ikea

At the time, I was pining for one of those trendy, natural-colored French linen table runners, but couldn't bring myself to make the spend...

As luck would have it however, I found these small (2"x4") rustic-looking rugs for less than $5-budget-friendly dollars each. They had the texture, color (and even fringe!) I was looking for.  I knew I could lay them end-to-end down the center of the table, or side-by-side cross wise.

As it turns out, I have used them for both -AND they wash well to boot!

Months later, I realize they also beautifully navigate the challenge of an umbrella pole in center of the patio table! 

Presto-chango! More style, less money. Love that!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Follow American Home here!

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.