"Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.”
_ William Morris
, 19th century craftsman, designer, writer


Add your email address here & receive new posts from This American Home!

Monday, October 22, 2012

Creepy, Crawlie Cupcakes: Spidey Style!


 A few weeks ago, I stopped in at the Pacific Whey Cafe   and was completely inspired by a couple of spiders I spotted in their bakery case...luckily they were of the frosting and cake variety.

I decided to make a few creepy, crawlie cupcakes of my own. 

My son, Ethan, helped frost the little critters and was also in charge of making the legs.

When I started to stress over how to straighten out the candy we were using for the legs, he respectfully replied with a reality check. This is supposed to be fun. Right.

My kids teach me so much.

 To make silly, scary spiders of your own:

 Frost cupcakes with chocolate frosting; Cover thoroughly with chocolate sprinkles (for that hairy spider look!)

Next, cut off the tips of candy corn to make fangs -add as many as necessary!

For the eyes, use a round candy, or Wilton's decorating "eye candy" -which I found at Target.

The legs were made from Wilton's Black Licorice Strings.

...it's as easy as leaving the cobwebs up year round...      

EEEK!
Happy haunting!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Follow American Home here!

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.