"Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.”
_ William Morris
, 19th century craftsman, designer, writer


Add your email address here & receive new posts from This American Home!

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Inspiration: Sconset Bag Blue


 The inspiration behind the new color scheme for my office came from an over-sized grocery tote that has been hanging on a chair next to my desk since last summer.

I bought it at a little market in the beach town of 'Sconset on our trip to Nantucket last year (frugal find!) and have been enamored with it ever since. I love the combination of dark and light teal, navy, sage, gray and white and decided to paint my desk along the same lines: dark teal (Rustoleum, Painter's Touch, Lagoon) exterior, and enamel white inside the drawers.

Isn't it funny how colors that have existed forever suddenly seem fresh and new?

To create a new surface for the dulled desktop, I had a large piece of glass cut to fit, and have been on the hunt for interesting paper to use underneath (this was trickier than I expected!).

I'm almost there! Stay tuned for the Big Reveal...and in the meantime, keep an eye out for these colors -if you're like me, you'll begin to notice them everywhere...




No comments :

Post a Comment

Follow American Home here!

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.