"Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.”
_ William Morris
, 19th century craftsman, designer, writer


Add your email address here & receive new posts from This American Home!

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Summer Harvest: Double Crumble


Summer fruit is delicious, and summer fruit from a friend's garden is even sweeter.

A great friend with a green thumb (Dana Hughes you know who you are!) recently gifted me with a basket full of ripe plums and I was thrilled. The only "catch" if you will, was too much of a good thing. We weren't eating them fast enough!

Enter the fruit flies...pesky little harbingers of fruity doom.

It could only mean one thing: time for a crumble.

Using an amazing recipe for Plum Raspberry Crumble from Ina Garten's Barefoot in Paris cookbook I baked up a crumble with my own special twist: I doubled the crumble! 

It felt sort of naughty and decadent. It's getting kind of wild & crazy in the kitchen, right?

But, let's be honest it's everyone's favorite part.  

My little experiment worried me, until we got to taste it. It might be too much crumble for some folks, but for this family you can see the results for yourself below.

Happy. Summer.


3 comments :

  1. Looks delicious - I think the double crumble is definitely the way to go! Great shots. When is the next crumble due out of the oven?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Bonnie,

    I give a show called Remnants of the Past in California, www.remnantsofthepast.com. I am always looking for amazing style in my vendors and wondering if you would be interested in participating in Remnants? Look forward to hearing from you!

    Best,

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Judy! Remnants of the Past looks like an absolutely amazing show! I would love to share the details with my blog friends & will definitely be in contact! Thank you for thinking of me! (and thanks for reading This American Home!)
    -Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

Follow American Home here!

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.