"Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.”
_ William Morris
, 19th century craftsman, designer, writer


Add your email address here & receive new posts from This American Home!

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Style File: Hang It Up!



Last July, when I revealed my newly renovated 1978 Tanker desk, one of the things friends mentioned most was the way I had hung my photos in the background!

Since the desk fits snugly inside a 'nook' in our front room, it was easy to string twine from wall to wall and hang photos from mini clothespins in between.

Without a nook-like space, this photo hanging technique would be tricky to achieve --until now.

I was browsing a recent Paper Source catalog when I came across HangIt! I was like, hey! That's my nook idea --except somebody else is getting the million dollars...but I digress...

Taking the high road, this cool gadget ($24.95), "provides five clotheslines for you to hang photos, memos, cards and more...create an inspiring display. Can be used vertically or horizontally." 

Just in time for the holiday cards!


1 comment :

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS IDEA!! Thank you so much! I was thinking for rice paper tape for my cards on the wall (again) this year...but this is SOooo much better! Please keep them coming...and also noticed your "Mama Tried" mug...(smile) inspired me to do the same with my pencils!
    Cheers from the Midwest Mitten!

    ReplyDelete

Follow American Home here!

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.