"Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.”
_ William Morris
, 19th century craftsman, designer, writer


Add your email address here & receive new posts from This American Home!

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Seed Update...


They're heeeere!
 I was beginning to worry but here come the sprouts! The Skyscraper Sunflowers and the Indian Summer Hollyhocks are on the move - still no sign of life from the Minibels or the foxglove, but will keep you posted.
It was so much fun to check on the pots and see green!


4 comments :

  1. Very exciting, I know, lol. I have been growing lemon plants from seeds extracted from store-bought lemons since the first of Feb! They're so little, but I have plants! And I blogged all about it. :) I'm just happy the worst of my winter is behind me - West Virginia.
    Rita C at Panoply

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Rita! I just read your post on propagating the lemon seeds at WVPanoply.blogspot.com - and it was awesome! You definitely understand where I am coming from. Since I am in SoCal, I leave the plants outside but cover them at night -it's sort of like tucking them in :)
    -the next challenge is keeping them moist! Still, it has been fun and I am excited about the spring/summer possibilities! I love lemons and may have to try your step by step process - perhaps then I could stop begging from my neighbors! Thanks for stopping by -and keep me posted about your plants! -Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie, I count on you now to receive lemons! Your baby sprouts are so cute! I hope they were all born with the will to thrive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Leslie! Me too!! It might take a while for me to grow a lemon tree, so in the meantime...I am grateful for yours!!

    ReplyDelete

Follow American Home here!

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.